Voice of the Faithful 2012 Priests of Integrity Award Nominations
All affiliates and individual members of VOTF are invited to nominate priests whose actions exemplify the gospel imperatives of honesty, openness, courage and compassion. While most priests work faithfully and often anonymously in their ministries, we encourage acknowledgment of specific acts that demonstrate the leadership needed in our church.
Nominations must be postmarked by June 30, 2012, or emailed no later than 10 p.m. June 30, 2012.
Please include the following information when submitting a nomination:
- Contact Information of Nominator — Specify name, telephone number and e-mail contact information for the individual who will be the contact for this nomination. If applicable, also specify the name of the Affiliate.
- Name of Priest Nominee.
- Role of Nominee — “pastor,” for example, or “theologian” or “retreat leader” and so on.
- Reason for Nomination — Use 300 words or less and give specific examples of noteworthy actions.
- Supporting Evidence — Use if available items such as newspaper articles, etc.
- Availability — Verify that the priest nominee is willing to be considered for this public recognition. It is very important to confirm directly with the priest nominee.
- References — Please include contact information of at least two individuals who are willing to support this nomination. They need not be members of VOTF. Letters of recommendation are appreciated.
Additional Nominating Information
Background information, including award criteria, information on the selection procedure and a list of past award recipients and honorary mentions is available on VOTF’s website by clicking here. Nominators are encouraged to review this background information before submitting their nominations.
Where to Submit Nominations
E-mail to Frances Hofmeister at Frances@levitas.com and place “Priests of Integrity Nomination” in the subject line. Or mail to VOTF Priests of Integrity Nomination (for S. Fraser), P.O. Box 423, Newton, MA 02464.
Prayer, great caution, discussion, and discernment guide the members of the Priest of Integrity Award Committee.
The Committee consists of the following Voice of the Faithful members:
Joan Bedosky (New York)
Svea Fraser (Massachusetts)
Frances Hofmeister (Ohio)
Dick Okenfuss (Ohio)
Bev Rowden (California)
Bob Rowden (California)
Elizabeth Warren (Tennessee)
Presentation of 2012 Award
EVENT: Voice of the Faithful 10th Year Conference
WHEN: September 14 and 15, 2012
WHERE: Marriott Copley Place Hotel, Boston MA
SPEAKERS: Anne Burke; John Morgan; Thomas Groome; David Clohessy; Rev. Donald Cozzens; Jamie Manson; Rev. James Connell
Click here to go to Priest Support.