Networking and Partnership: Guiding Principles
The Networking and Partnership platform will serve as a resource to other VOTF groups when they are considering collaborative efforts and offers the following principles:
- VOTF will always be clear about and keep allegiance to its goals, mission and identity as articulated in VOTF’s “identity statement” and other documents, including the By-laws.
- VOTF, as a reform movement dedicated to increasing the voice of faithful Catholics in the governance and guidance of the Church, will work with other organizations who seek to encourage meaningful incorporation of lay Catholics in the life and work of the church at every level.
- VOTF will collaborate with organizations on a case-by-case basis, recognizing that at times there may be reason to collaborate around an issue of mutual interest even though the partnering organization might not be fully in line with VOTF goals and mission on other issues. When collaboration on such an issue is undertaken, there needs to be a delineation of the scope and aim of the project so that the distinct missions of the collaborating organizations will be respected. As always, VOTF stands in full communion with the Church through sacrament, proclamation, and service.
- In order to keep everyone informed and avoid duplication of effort, the N&P Platform will serve as a clearinghouse for VOTF outreach efforts with organizations outside VOTF and will maintain a database of potential collaborating groups. VOTF groups are asked to consult with the N/P Platform before finalizing any collaboration with an outside organization or individual in order to be aware of any potential pitfalls.
- The moderator of the N&P Platform will ensure that all consultation is undertaken in a timely and prompt fashion. The N&P Platform will be responsible for maintaining records of all collaborative efforts for future reference.