Wednesday, March 22, to Saturday, March 25
Today’s readings echo the call to a covenant relationship with God. Moses taught the Israelites to obey the statutes and decrees handed down from the Lord; the psalmists refrain reiterates that call to obedience. And the Gospel affirms that Jesus is the fulfillment of the old law.
Jesus came to fulfill the promise of God’s salvation. As baptized followers of Christ, our mission is to bring about the Kingdom of Heaven by obeying the commandments AND by teaching them. The great concern in Matthew’s Gospel is to show that the Old Testament, Jesus of Nazareth, and the life in the Spirit are one. The three form part of the same communication from God: God is present in the midst of the community by faith in Jesus who sends us his Spirit to help us bring about the Kingdom of heaven on earth.
How do we live the law of God during this Lenten season: as a burden that limits our freedom through restrictions? Or as a growing horizon of light that mirrors God’s love?
Our calling is to reflect God’s image and bear the likeness of the Son: a mission of life toward the entire human community.
What can you do today to become a light for our brothers and sisters?
Readings for Wednesday, March 22
- Reading 1,Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9
- Responsorial Psalm, Psalm 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20
- Verse Before Gospel, John 6:63C, 68C
- Gospel, Matthew 5:17-19
- Click here to go to USCCB Readings for March 22.
Readings for Thursday, March 23
- Reading 1, Jeremiah 7:23-28
- Responsorial Psalm, Psalm 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9
- Verse Before Gospel, Joel 2:12-13
- Gospel, Luke 11:14-23
- Click here to go to USCCB Readings for March 23.
Readings for Friday, March 24
- Reading 1, Hosea 14: 2-10
- Responsorial Psalm, Psalm 81:6C-8A, 8BC-9, 10-11AB, 14 & 17
- Verse Before Gospel, Matthew 4:17
- Gospel, Mark 12:28-34
- Click here to go to USCCB Readings for March 24.
Readings for Saturday, March 25
- Reading 1, Isaiah 7:10-14; 8:10
- Responsorial Psalm, Psalm 40:7-8A, 8B-9, 10, 11
- Reading 2, Hebrews 10:4-10
- Verse Before Gospel, John 1:14B
- Gospel, Luke 1:26-38
- Click here to go to USCCB Readings for March 25.
Click here to go to March 19 – March 21 …