Holy Thursday, April 13
After sharing the Passover meal with his friends, Jesus began to wash their feet. Imagine the wonder on the faces of the apostles as Jesus moved from one to the other. It must have been a bit awkward for all of them, especially Peter.
This action of Jesus gives an image of what our church should look like, feel like, and act like. Sometimes we wash; other times we are washed. Both experiences have lessons to be learned and graces to be received.
Readings for Holy Thursday, April 13
- Reading 1, Isaiah 61:1-3A, 6A, 8B-9
- Responsorial Psalm, Psalm 89:21-22, 25 & 27
- Reading 2, Revelations 1:5-8
- Verse Before Gospel, Isaiah 61:1 (Cited in Luke 4:18)
- Gospel, Luke 4:16-21
- Click here to go to USCCB Readings for Holy Thursday, April 13, Chrism Mass.
Click here to go to April 9 – April 12 …