Voice of Renewal (VOR)
Who We Are
Voice of Renewal (VOR) Mission Statement:
To educate ourselves about our sacramental (Baptismal) role as members of the Body of Christ, and to revitalize our collegial roles within the Church in the spirit of Vatican II.
- To study Vatican II documents,
especially on the laity and the Church (“Lumen Gentium” and “The Decree on the Apostolate of the Laity”)
- To prepare and present materials designed to assist and foster mature faith
- To educate ourselves about current issues in Church and society in light of the life and teachings of Jesus
- To offer a model of lay education in the spirit of Vatican II to VOTF affiliates nationally
VOR Working Group:
The VOR working group was begun by an educator in March ’02. Our intention is to bring together people who wish to learn about and discuss lay participation in the Catholic Church in light of Vatican II. Integral to our purpose is to provide a forum where we can educate and be educated about topics related to VOTF mission statements and goals.
We value your participation and hope you will join us directly in the Voice
of Renewal working group. Please join our “virtual community,” a
listserv discussion group by sending a request to VOR_VOTFemail@example.com with
your name and a short note about why you would like to join the group.
Join VOR’s ListServ Discussion Group:
If you would like to participate directly in the Voice of Renewal Working Group, you are welcome to join our “virtual community’—an Internet discussion group (and it’s free!). The list is a way for us to share ideas about concerns of contemporary Catholics.
Joining the list brings you these opportunities:
- You can communicate directly with everyone else on the list, no matter where you reside.
- You can see what others are doing, thinking about (or wishing for) in the area of Adult Faith Formation.
- You can review archives of messages to quickly catch up on any discussion topic.
- Through the Group Web Page, you have access to files, speaker lists, bibliographies, book reviews and other information posted for group members to use.
The list is free. We use Yahoo as a host, which means that you need a Yahoo ID (easily created) to access the Group Page features. However, even without an ID, you can still participate in the email option of the list.
To Join the VOR Discussion List:
Send a request to VOR_VOTFfirstname.lastname@example.org with your name and a short note about why you would like to join the group. The list moderator will respond and answer any questions you may have before you join.
We would like to have you join us!